Skip to main content

URBAN-DESI

URBAN-DESI

while growing up i use to stammer a lot my friends use to make fun of me and called me huckle-buckles which tricked me emotionally but i never showed them that i care, i never took them seriously on that note but all those teasing and bullying made my temperament very low. I started getting angry and irritated a lot on almost everything & every person I come across because of which I developed a gloom-ridden habit of fighting without any reason. meanwhile, my stammering was increasing there was no refinement in my speaking style & it took me a long while and many regrets to realize that the foremost reason for my stammering was my anger itself.
the more I got angry the more I stammer.

which altered after my graduation while I was in the first year of hotel management where I learned to be patient and calm, this changed my personality upside down. I was more confident than I'd ever been in my life before.
till then I didn't even know anything about stand-up comedy, I had no idea about that.
at the age of 21, one day I felt a peculiar but extreme pain in my neck after consulting the doctor I got to know I have some cervical injury after some time of medication I had the surgery and doc recommended me almost 2 years of rest.

that was the time I got to know about what standup comedy is but I restricted myself because my stammering was again at the peak as the result of the surgery. but somehow I gathered the potentiality and started writing a script saw many comedians on youtube and learned from their performances for 2 years.

in 2016 I performed in my 1st open mic I still remembered the minute I held the mic for the first time in my comedy career irrespective of the fact that I was familiar with the mic because of my drunk karaoke nights my friends I felt like a basket case but the feeling was amazing I performed well de facto that well that I got my performance covered in the next day's TOI.

but I didn't get much stage time after that because Jaipur is a tier 2 city we didn't have many open mics in the city at that time I traveled to different cities and states just to perform and try my new jokes. 

in-between, I met Lovejeet Singh Chauhan (one of the oldest comedians) of Jaipur he helped me a lot to get the stage time, I performed as the opening acts for one of the greatest & most loved comedians of India, with practice I started killing in the every performance, where ever I performed people use to laugh a lot, after the performance they'd take selfies with me and post it on social media. 

it feels good when you also have your startup failed because of some mega entrant corrival company with millions of investment in hand.

everything was going great I was growing as a comedian I knew I belong to comedy but 2018 was a turning point in my & my family's life, I lost my dad.
and I had to join our transport business full time to support my family,
I was doing good in the business but was never happy my heart was always in comedy I started getting stressed & delphic I started stammering again but  my mother (a very strong lady) supported my back and asked me to do what I wanted to do,
Surendra & Mahendra bhaiya who were the employees of my father since my childhood was more like my family now helped me with business to find me some free time for comedy.
I started again in 2019 and posted my 1st video on youtube on 31st Nov 2019. and it was a hit I got more than 4 million views;
 I don't stammer whenever I'm on stage, I love it when I make people laugh and today it all looks worth it when I look back.

 *Why urban desi?* 
kyuki bhai tesla bachpan wala crush hai to truck saala saccha wala payar.